Sunday, September 18, 2011

Frankenstein Halloween Treat


So, being as excited for Fall as I am, I have really been wanting to make Holiday treats.
Considering the people in my house would be either too old or too young
to appreciate my efforts, I have been hoping that we would get invited
to a Halloween party
(cuz I dont want the hassle of throwing it myself, ya feel me right?)
or have some sort of event where I could try out my "holiday treat" ideas...
Well, tonight was the perfect op. My sis in law came over with her fam
(4 kids & hus) to see the new babe. Hooray!
So, I made these bad boys. Lemme just say, super easy.
On a scale of 1-5, its a 1 for EZness. No cooking required, and you'll get as
much praise as the Goddess Martha herself.
Start with Instant Vanilla Pudding, (just add 2 cups milk per box)

I used 4 boxes and it was perfect for 9 people. So, think everyone gets
1 cup each. Then I added like 7 drops green food coloring, but start with
1 and ease into it. You can always add more but never take some away
(um great advice for seasoning... anything)
I waited til it was the perfect limey Frankenstein color.

Crushed up some Oreos. Oh, and I totally forgot to add that I made this
particular treat because my nephew is severely allergic to peanuts
and most treats are NOT safe for him, but this was! Perf!
Ok, not like u need Oreo crushing advice, but I threw a bunch in a clear
sandwich zip baggie and went crazy on it. (Kids could get in on it too.)

Then, I drew these faces on some small clear plastic cups.
Some eyes, mouths, bolts. Easy-peasy guys, easy-peasy.
Just make sure the Franky face is in the green.
Add the Oreos on top for hair, and wham-o!
Perfect Halloween Treat.

Love my little Frankenstein army.
I just let these sit in the fridge, while we had dinner, and then
busted them out for dessert. What a hit and super cute!

Also, I just wanted to take some time out to talk about
how proud I am of my family and friends. There has been so many cool
opportunities and experiences people have been having lately.
One sister in law, got one of her jewelry pieces published in
Creative Jewelry Magazine, Sept issue. And it can be found
in JoAnn & Michaels stores. (pajegoarthouse.etsy.com)
Um awesome.
Another sis in law just did a photo shoot with
her kids for "Wendy's"
(you know, the red head pigtail fast food place)
That's rad.
My friend just got asked to do a commercial for our church.
And another friend of mine is a NYTimes Best Selling Author,
(all caps, cuz thats prob her official title now)
and just got like a million more book deals..
And the list goes on and on.
There has been so many accomplishments and cool things going on lately,
its just inspiring. I am so happy for all these people.
I think it is a sign that good things are just around the corner... for all of us.









Pin It

22 comments:

  1. cute, what a great idea! my kids would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, awesome, cute! My kids are gonna love these for after-school snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and yummy dessert!
    Wise words with no whining...good things are just around the corner for you!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts today! You can see it here
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/frankenstein-pudding-cups/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)) These turned out and look amazing..Great photo's as well.. love it.. I would LOVE for you to link it up to my fall crawl blog party.. I'm officially following ya with smiles - I found ya on linky..GREAT blog with Lots of inspirations here :)) - the link to link up is http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-crawl-day-12-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative idea for Halloween! i love it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that this project was not only featured on Fun Family Crafts in October, but made it to the TOP 5! Congratulations on such a popular post! If you would like a Top 5 button to display on your blog, you can grab it from the Top 5 post here http://funfamilycrafts.com/october-2011-top-posts/ Thanks for a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like fun, and reminds me of "Dirt Cups" years ago. Chocolate cake, or pudding with crumbled Oreos and gummy worms crawling in and out.

    ReplyDelete

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!