Monday, February 17, 2014

Vegan Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dressing

Tonight for dinner I wanted to eat something that "felt clean." I feel like Valentines Day junked me all up. I mean, heavens, I made a Candy Poster for the hubs. We have had treats galore! I needed a little detox. I wanted a salad, and I love the taste of Ranch, but really, we all know its not that healthy for you and if you buy it from the store it most likely has lots of chemicals and weird stuff in it that you can't pronounce and have no idea what it is. I have been trying really hard lately to make most of my food from scratch, or buy food with food ingredients in it. For example, have you ever made bread? it has like 4 ingredients. Water, flour, oil, yeast. Next time youre at the grocery store, look at the ingredients of your favorite bread, if it has "bread ingredients" yay! If not, reconsider. I'm not perfect at it yet, but I'm trying.  
For tonight's salad I made up a recipe, based off of the flavors I knew I wanted in my dressing, and boy is it delicious!!!

1.5 cups roasted unsalted cashews
1 large avocado
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1tsp garlic powder
2tsp dill
1/4 tsp black pepper
Juice of 2 limes
2 cups water
Whipped it all up in the blendtec!

I poured it over some romaine, chips, black beans, and tomato. Best of all, i didnt feel guilty licking the bowl, literally. Hubs asked to put this salad into the rotation. Success. Um, btw, this would be pretty perfect if you added grilled chicken to the mix too! This is so tasty, you could put it on burritos, with steak, enchiladas, fish tacos, it would even be amazing as a veggie dip. You get the point. Friends, don't be surprised if you see this on the table when you come over for dinner! So easy, and delicious!! Enjoy!
xoxo, Janean



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog very much, Its a very nice billet to read and incur Info. Also, check our sites..!!

    123.hp.com/setup ! 123.hp.com ! 123 HP Setup !

    ReplyDelete

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!