Thursday, January 7, 2010

T. O. D

(my painting)

Aka.
Tip of the Day

Ok, enough with the acronyms.. really.
So here is my thought. We wanted to fill in the space above our nasty wet bar (we rent) and so hubs says a huge painting. Luckily we go to Michaels and frames are 50% off. Wahoo! If you know frames they're super expense. So we get a big daddy frame the 3 feet by 4 feet kind and this time I went to work.
Here's the idea, I'm not a great artist but seriously, look at it, anyone could that, or something similar.
But the best part of this TOD is the thrift store. I was in one the other day and saw a BIG old weird 80's painting NOT my taste. Trust me, it wasnt cool. BUT.. the canvas was big. FOR TEN DOLLARS. Can we say steal?Im so using that canvas for another painting. Im pretty sure I know where to put this one and I think I want to paint it close to something like this.

(this is a rug that i swoon over, but i love the idea of text)

Sorry Mr. Klimt, ( i ♥ him) I think I need to move your lovers to the other wall.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!