Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Anthro Inspired Vintage Ruffle Lace Sweater


So, this project cost me a total of $2, and unfortunately just as many hours (so far.) I had a plain white hand me down cardigan from a friend and found a bag of vintage lace at the thrift store. The lace was different sizes and colors and I used what I had to make a pattern that matched up on both sides.

I pinned every layer, starting at the bottom, and worked my way up. I think it took so long because I didnt have it previously planned out and am very indecisive. But once I had a plan it went along a lot faster.

I also thought it would be necessary to line the collar. I like how it turned out and *can't wait to sew it on. Or I might have my husband sew it on for me if I can talk him into it...

When you do sew it on though, remember to start at the BOTTOM and work your way up. It will be much easier that way.

Hope you enjoy the idea and it has inspired you to shop cheaply and think chic-ly.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!