Friday, October 14, 2011

Easy Delicious Chili Cook-Off Recipe


I have the easiest, tastiest, (probably unhealthiest),
fabulous chili recipe.

I first had this chili a few years ago, I was at my sisters
house visiting her and her new baby, a friend of hers brought this
over for dinner. I was floored. It was just that good.
I HAD to have the recipe.
The Hus loves it and always tells me to enter it into our church's 
chili cook-off. Personally, I dont know about you guys, but I just had
a baby. Plus, a bonus of going to those kinds of things is, NOT
making dinner... Silly guy.

You will need:
1 can  of canned chicken
1tblsp vegetable oil
1 onion
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 cans northern beans
1 can 15oz chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
8oz sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

Finely chop the onion and garlic. Put oil in pot. Saute garlic and onion in oil. (I like to caramelize mine a little)
Put the chicken and all of the other ingredients in the pot EXCEPT for sour cream & whipping cream.
Cover and bring to a boil, then uncover and let simmer for 30min. Then add the sour cream and whipping cream. Stir and let simmer for 5-10min.
Serve with sourdough bread.

Also, if  you wont be home, here is a slow cooker recipe I found that looks pretty similar.

I always double my recipe and it NEVER lasts long, 
and there's only the 2 of us. 
Hope that helps you stay warm this season!!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!