Thursday, January 5, 2012

Easy Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe

I have made and failed at many a Tortilla Soup recipe.
Some were suuuuuper spicy, some tasted like spaghetti sauce
and some tasted like nothing at all.
But THIS one is sooo easy and
delicious. So much so that I make it all the time,
and no one complains about it.



It literally takes like 20min to make,
and probably less if you have an electric can opener,
(which I do not. I know, so archaic, right?)
 With very few ingredients, its amazing 
how good it tastes.


Ok, heres how I make mine, It makes a lot,
but thats ok since I freeze the left overs.

1/2 Onion
2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
2 cans Black Beans
2 cans Green Chille Enchilada Sauce
1 can Chicken Breast
4 can Chicken Broth
2 cups Frozen Corn

All these cans are DRAINED.

So, I start by chopping up half an onion and  browning it in a tblsp
of olive oil in a pot. Then I add the can of chicken (drained) 
and I mix it with the onion, let it cook together for like 5 min.
Then I add the chicken broth and all the other ingredients.
Make sure you drain and rinse the beans and tomatoes,
otherwise it tastes like tomato soup.
Let boil for 15-30 min
(the longer it mixes the better the flavor)
Serve with your favorite toppings.
Mine are:
Cilantro,  Avocado, Tortilla Chips, Cheese, Sour Cream.
But if your New Years Reso, is to be healthier,
omit those last 2.
Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!