Friday, June 15, 2012

Foodie Fest Friday

Today, I packed my butt off. I don't mean literally, I wish literally... Anyway. I worked mostly on the kitchen trying to pack things that I have decided we don't need for the next week and a half. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's going slowly, but it's coming. I packed a lot of little things like, extra kids plasticware, and extra bottles, some mugs and then big things too. Like our extra large George Foreman grill that grills 10 patties or something crazy like that. Which we never use, except when I'm pregnant. Ha. I kid, I kid. But really. So with the kitchen a mess I decided that the perfect dinner idea would be, going out. Obviously. I'm pretty sure that eating out while moving, is the only good thing about moving. So, I was super stressed out and only feeling two types of food. Either italian or Mexican. I talked to The Hus and he was on board. Yes! Earlier that day I had talked to one of my friends who is also moving and remodeling. I wanted to stop by and see their progress. Their new place is close to one of our fav Mexican gem, hole in the wall, restaurants. Can 'gem' and 'hole in the wall' be used in the same sentence? Well, I just did, and I meant it. Mexican it was.

As I was getting ready to go out, I realized it had been FAR too many days since putting on any kind of make up. So of course, I took some pictures. Quite the occasion. And plus, we were eating out, at a place with a waiter. Which has also become quite the occasion these days. *sigh* Such is life.

The good thing about California, San Diego even more so, is that the more hole in the wall the restaurant, the better the food. BUT BEWARE, I am referring to Mexican food ONLY. Don't go all Hell's Kitchen on me. Anita's, in Oceanside. I wish i had taken more pics of it... But sorry, the stained glassed behind me in the booth will have to suffice for now. Those flowers and Humingbirds are pretty rad, huh? This place is pretty upscale as far as hole in the walls go, but def not a 5 star. Let me tell ya though. The food does not disappoint. Tonight I had the best thing I have ever had there. Tacos Al Carbon Plate. This was super Delish. The meat was cooked well, had great flavoring and the tomatillo sauce on top was Limey but not spicey. Perfect for this little gringa. The tortillas were made from scratch and amazing. And I love their rice and beans there.

The Hus always gets the same thing. Tochos Quesadilla. Don't be fooled by what you think you know is a quesadilla. Not only cheese, but some delicious chicken as well, avocados and bell peppers. Super good guys.

 

So I totally recommend this place if your looking for good authentic Mexican food here in town. Hopefully there will be more foodie posts in the near future.

Xoxo, Janean

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!