Monday, June 11, 2012

Make It Monday: A Difference aka Be smart: Rent Text Books, Save Lives, Smile


Let me first start off by saying that I will never recommended anything to you guys that I dont believe in. Unless its a great deal, or a fantastic cause, or I really use it, used it and love it. You wont be hearing about it. Period.

With that being said, I was recently in contact with a great company. Campus Book Rentals. Not only do they rent out text books for college. Which is awesome, because text books are another couple hundred dollars on TOP of an already expensive tuition. And in most cases, you dont need these books forever, and you can hope to sell them back to the school, but most times, good luck. They are probably going to be outdated and using the next edition. Honestly I wish I knew about this company when I was in college, coulda saved me some bucks.  You can see the price difference right here, between renting from Campus Book Rentals and buying the book. Buying the book would be like $150 and when I added it to my cart for rental, this is what showed up. $27.70 + FREE shipping both ways. Not bad.

  
Some perks with them are:
-save 40-90% off of bookstore prices
-free shipping both ways
-can highlight in the textbooks
-flexible renting periods

Heres a video on how the website works:


Now, whats so special about a book rental company, (besides saving cash) you ask? Well, the reason I like these guys is because they donate to Operation Smile, with every rental you make. Um, awesome! If you havent heard of Operation Smile, then get with the program!
Operation Smile is a super cool company. All over the world, children are born with a cleft lip. In some cases (most) the families of these children and babies can not afford to fix their lip. Thats where Operation Smile comes in. They give free surgeries to these children and save and change lives. Now, I am all about supporting people who are all about making a difference. Good on you, Campus Book Rentals.
Here is a quote from the Operation Smile website.


"As one of the most prominent charities for children in the world and with a presence in over 60 countries, we are able to heal children’s smiles and bring hope for a better future. If you are looking to make a difference on a child’s life, Operation Smile is one of the best charities to donate to."

I totally agree. 
So, if you are interested in saving money, saving lives and saving a smile, this is the way to go! 

Hope this helps you in your endeavors to become more educated and change the world along the way, because as my readers, I know you all are!
XOXO, Janean 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and make my day! I love comments and read every single one. If you have a question, I will reply! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!